The Conscience of the Gods
Gods and Primordials Shaped the World. The primordials, elemental creatures of enormous power, shaped the world out of the Elemental Chaos. The gods gave it civility and permanence, and warred with the primordials for control of the new creation. The gods eventually triumphed, and primordials now slumber in remote parts of the Elemental Chaos, rage in hidden prisons, or float, lifeless, through the Astral Sea. Gods exist, though most of them maintain a distance and detachment from the everyday happenings of the world. Exarchs act in the world on behalf of their gods, and angels appear to undertake missions that promote the agendas of the gods they serve. Gods are extremely powerful, compared to mortals and monsters, but they aren’t omniscient or omnipotent. They provide access to the divine power source for their clerics, paladins, and other prayer-using followers, and their followers pray to them in hopes that they or their exarchs will hear them and bless them.
Each deity often has many domains that they lord over. Thus, worship and understanding of each deity may differ by region or culture.Good deities
- Avandra – Good Goddess of Change, Luck and Travel, Patron of Halflings
- Bahamut – Lawful Good God of Justice Protection and Nobility. Patron of Dragonborn
- Berronar Truesilver – Good Goddess of safety, truth, home and healing. Patr4on of Dwarves.
- Moradin – Lawful Good God of Family, Community and Creation (As in smithing). Patron of Dwarves
- Pelor – Good God of Sun, Agriculture and Time. Seasonal God of Summer
- Corellon – Unaligned God of Beauty, Art, Magic and the Fey. Seasonal God of the Spring and Patron of Eladrin
- Erathis – Unaligned Goddess of Civilization, Inventions and Law
- Ioun – Unaligned Goddess of Knowledge, Skill and Prophecy
- Kord – Unaligned God of Storms, Battle and Strength
- Melora – Unaligned Goddess of Wilderness, Nature and the Sea
- Raven Queen – Unaligned Goddess of Death, Fate and Doom. Seasonal Goddess of Winter.
- Sehanine – Unaligned Goddess of Illusion, Love and the Moon. Seasonal God of Autumn and Patron of Elves
- Asmodeus – Evil God of Tyranny and Domination. Lord of Devils
- Bane – Evil God of War and Conquest. Revered by Goblins
- Gruumsh – Chaotic Evil God of Slaughter and Destruction. Patron of Orcs
- Lolth – Chaotic Evil Goddess of Shadow and Lies. Patron of Drow and their inseparable * companions, the spiders
- Tharizdun – The Elder Elemental Eye, creator of the Abyss
- Tiamat – Evil Goddess of Greed and Envy. Patron of the Chromatic Dragons
- Torog – Evil God of the Underdark. Patron of Jailors and Torturers
- Vecna – Evil God of the Undead and Necromancy. Lord of Secrets
- Zehir – Evil God of Darkness and Poison. Favoured Deity of the Yuan-Ti and Patron of Assassins